Torment by Lauren Kate

Hell on earth. That's what it's like for Luce to be apart from her fallen angel boyfriend, Daniel. It took them an eternity to find one another, but now he has told her he must go away. Just long enough to hunt down the Outcasts - immortals who want to kill Luce. Daniel hides Luce at Shoreline, a school on the rocky California coast with unusually gifted students -Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans. 

At Shoreline, Luce learns what the Shadows are, and how she can use them as windows to her previous lives. Yet the more Luce learns, the more she suspects that Daniel hasn't told her everything. He's hiding something - something dangerous. What if Daniel's version of the past isn't actually true? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else? The second novel in the addictive FALLEN series . . . where love never dies.


Have I mentioned how much I love the first book? and how much of an idiot I was for not reading it WHEN I GOT SOOO MANY CHANCES TO? Well, I'm glad I got this book, it was SO AMAZING. I loved every second of reading it.


We return again, with Luce and this time she's going to this boarding school in California...and her classmates are offspring of fallen angels and humans. She's different, yet she's popular, because practically every student (well, not the human ones) happens to know stories of her and Daniel. This makes her even more curious about her past, and she also learns how to master the Shadows and how she can use them to access her past lives. With her new friends, Miles and Shelby, she manages to do so.


I love how in this one, everyone comes together to fight the Outcasts. Both sides of the Fallen Angels come together to do so. I just loved the Thanksgiving bit, where everyone gets together and where all the action is...but that's at the very end, so NO WAY am I gonna spoil such an amazing book for you...no matter how bad I really want to.


I really don't like Miles. I really don't. I mean, as a friend he's nice and all, but *SPOLIER ALERT!* as he makes a move on Luce? No thanks, and I feel so bad for Daniel after that! I mean, he witnesses the whole thing. But Daniel in this book is pretty moody, he hides a lot from Luce, so I don't blame her if she moves on from him. But then, of course, all is forgotten and they're back together again :). 


I really do keep on thinking about the song "Angels" by Within Temptation when I read this series. I mean, it fits so perfectly with the plot! I love the bit of the song where it goes:


Sparkling angel, I couldn't see
Your dark intentions, your feelings for me.
Fallen angel, tell me why?
What is the reason, the thorn in your eye?
I see the angels,
I'll lead them to your door
There's no escape now
No mercy no more
No remorse cause I still remember



I thought it fit, kinda well. Especially the "Fallen angel" bit. I also found another song by Within Temptation that fits. "What Have You Done" featuring Keith Caputo. I think the chorus:


I, I've been waiting for someone like you
But now you are slipping away... oh
What have you done now?
Why? Why does Fate make us suffer?
There's a curse between us
Between me and you



Goes perfectly with this book. I dunno, it's weird how all these songs come to me when I'm reading this series. It generally doesn't with most books, but this book is an exception.


Well, I loved this book from start to finish. Fallen Angels, Battles Heaven vs. Hell and a Match made in Heaven (Literally) Torment is an amazing addition to the paranormal world of literature, same with Fallen. Can't wait for Passion! (Look at the post below for the new cover!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!