Top Ten Tuesday - Week 6

"Top Ten Tuesday" is a weekly meme by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten list is: Top Ten Books I Wish I'd Read as a Kid.




1. Septimus Heap by Angie Sage. I mean, since I'm still kind of a "kid" (well, 14, so technically teen!) I really wish I read this series when I was like around 10, because then I would have loved it! I read the first two books and then I stopped. It was kinda sad.


2. Keys to the Kingdom by Garth Nix. I was a real fantasy lover when I was younger (well, 2 or 3 years ago) and I wish I'd read this series then, because I just read the first book and don't feel like continuing (well, anytime now...maybe later) because it was just a bit childish.


3. Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson. I liked the first book, I read it last year, so I'm definitely planning to read this book, but I think I would have really loved it if I had been younger when I read it, cause I used to be a Peter Pan freak.


4. Pendragon by D.J. Machale. I tried reading this book, but I abandoned it. I just wasn't so captured by it, but I think (again) I would have really liked it if I was 11-12.


5. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. I wish I'd read this when I was 5 or 6. It seems so good, but when I read it out loud to a little kid for social service a few weeks ago, I didn't really find it appealing. I didn't get to see the movie either, so yeah.


6. Ingo by Helen Dunmore. I love this book so much! but imagine if I'd been younger...I'd have loved it even more!


7. Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume. This seems like the type of book I'd have loved to read during 5th or 6th grade, but guess what? I still haven't read it! I will get a copy one day. I still want to read it badly!


8. Allie Finkle's Rule for Girls by Meg Cabot. I really wish these had been written when I was in 5th or 6th grade! they are so funny!


9. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. When I was on my Fantasy book craze around 3 years ago, I really wish I'd read these books. I love the movies, and I just read the Hobbit.


10. Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney. I did read this series, and LOVED IT! But I wish they had been released back when I was 9-11, cause these books are hilarious!


Well, that's my Top Ten...what's yours? Leave a link/comment!

5 comments:

  1. Lucky you! You've still got lots of time to read all the wonderful books. Some of us have squandered many good reading years with bad books. Vow to give up on bad books now....You'll not regret it.

    Here's my post: http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2011/01/top-ten-books-i-wish-id-read-as-kid.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/top-ten-tuesday-top-10-best-debut-books.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the Hobbit when I was about 12 or so and loved it! Tried to go straight on to reading the LotR but it didn't really work for me! I have read the first 2 books as an adult and plan to read the 3rd at some stage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're the third person (including myself) to list Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret in this week's list. I think a lot of people miss out on talking with parents about the topics discussed in the book, and reading literature can make you feel less alone. I remember reading Where the Wild Things Are as a kid, and the drawings of the monsters scared me. :p Good list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. +JMJ+

    On Keys to the Kingdom:

    Oh, no! I've been putting off this series for years, obviously assuming that it will be great no matter when I read it. But I guess I should have known it came with an age window . . . =(

    On a (sort of) related note, I've found that I'm less likely to devour series as an older reader. I'm more patient and can wait months, even years between books. Perhaps the same is true for you, and you'll finish the other Septimus Heap and Keys to the Kingdom books eventually? =)

    PS--My captcha is "fustrat"! LOL! Because series are so frustrating sometimes, aye? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!