30 Day Book Meme: Day 7

30 Day Book Meme is a, well, meme which I found over at Chimneys & Magic, and to participate you need to answer a bookish "question" (you can't really call it a question :P) each day of the 30 days. Today's "question" is...


~An unexpected good read~




Wow, talk about completely different genres! LOL, but I didn't know what to expect from White Cat by Holly Black, because I had mixed feelings about Tithe, but it turned out to be amazingly awesome! Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë, I thought would be kinda like the way I think of some classics – boring and wondering how in heck did my parents actually enjoy it. I know I wanted to see the movie, because I love the actress, so I decided to give it a try. And guess what? I loved it!


Which book did you unexpectedly fall in love with?

2 comments:

  1. That's good to hear! I have to read Jane eyre soon for my studies so I'm glad you liked it - I watched the movie and although I really liked the film, the storyline seemed a bit mellow so I thought the book might be a bit tedious. Glad you didn't think so!

    xx
    arielle
    http://chimneysandmagic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, I loved Anna and the French Kiss way more than I thought I would. Everyone kept gushing about it, so I read it, but typically contemp isn't my thing (I'm more a paranormal/UF kinda reader). I was so blown away by the emotions and fell in love with Etienne right along with Anna.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!