Twisted by Sara Shepard

Twisted by Sara Shepard


Release Date: July 5, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Series: Pretty Little Liars, Book 9
Rated: YA 14+
Format: Hardcover
Source: Borrowed
Buy: AmazonThe Book Depository
GoodreadsWebsite

It’s been a year since the torturous notes from A stopped and the mystery of Alison DiLaurentis’s disappearance was finally put to rest. Now seniors in high school, Aria, Spencer, Hanna and Emily are older, but they’re not any wiser. The Pretty Little Liars have more secrets than ever - twisted secrets that could destroy the perfect lives they’ve worked so hard to rebuild. 

Aria’s jealous of her boyfriend’s new exchange student. Spencer’s getting a little too cozy with her soon-to-be-stepbrother. Hanna’s one scandalous photo away from ruining her dad’s Senate campaign. And Emily will do anything to get a swim scholarship.

Worst of all: Last spring break in Jamaica, they did something unforgivable. The girls are desperate to forget that fateful night, but they should know better than anyone that all secrets wash ashore … eventually.


**WARNING: May contain spoilers if you haven't read the previous books**


I'd totally forgotten how addicting this book series was!
It's been a while since Wanted came out, so I've been satisfying myself by watching the amazing TV series. But of course, I was completely psyched when I heard there was going to be an additional four books to the series. Then again, I was a little confused about how the series was going to continue. The ending of Wanted was really breath-taking. I had nightmares about that book, I kid you not. I thought it had tied up really nicely in the end there, with a little bit of mystery left behind. But of course...this is where Twisted comes in.


I really thought that this was kind of...jumpy?? Then again, I haven't read the series in a while, and this one totally caught my off-guard. The TV shows seems so...tame compared to the books. There's so much that goes on in this book that makes you think: isn't that enough already?! Some details and events that go on are so WEIRD in this book. Like for example, ***WARNING: DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'VE READ IT/WANT IT TO BE SPOILED FOR YOU*** Emily's totally random pregnancy. What the hell was that? That was just there for like a chapter and then Poof! gone. I think it was somewhat unnecessary and something that the book didn't need to have. ***SPOILER OVER*** I would have to say, I'd much prefer the TV show if the books are gonna end up like this.


That was the only problem I had with the book. I found this book a slightly more interesting take on the events following what happened in Wanted. I liked the flashbacks, I found "A" even creepier and the things that these girls get into even more scandalous.


Spencer's story is slightly off-putting. I thought her mom and dad would be getting back together... which they do not in this book. Instead, her mom's about to get married to this total jerk. Hanna's is just very Hanna-like. Again, comparing to the TV series, book-Hanna and TV-Hanna are SO different. Let's just say I prefer TV-Hanna. Emily's story is really sad. Like sad sad. I don't know why she has to suffer the most. I would have to say though, that Aria's was the most gripping. I anxiously waited to continue her story and find out what happens. Although hers seems the most cliché, I think that's the one with the most whats-gonna-happen? potential.


I had no idea how Shepard was going to reel back in the series (and especially A) but she's pulled it off nicely, and everything fits. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on Ruthless... the secrets, lies, A– it's all coming back to me now. I'm glad that she's continuing the series because, a) now the TV show can go on for much longer ;D and b) It's just a guilty pleasure to read these books.
Although this book has disappointed some people, I enjoyed it. Suspenseful, mysterious, scandalous, and heaped with tons of dirty and deadly secrets, this will keep you up at night.


Kisses!


If you like this, try...




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! Sounds like an awesome book. I haven't read the series yet or seen the TV shows (I know, I live under a rock) but I might check it out. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love the book and the story as well. Nice blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!