Interview with Rebecca Serle

Rebecca Serle

Rebecca Serle is a full-time writer, which means she gets to wear pajamas to work. She went to the University of Southern California, then got her MFA from the New School in NYC. (She likes New York much more than LA, but don’t tell anyone that.) Rebecca loves shiny hair, coffee, yoga, and pretending to be British. She, too, experienced heartbreak once. It worked out okay, though, because she turned the experience into this book. When You Were Mine is her first novel.


WebsiteBlogTwitterFacebookGoodreads

Books

When You Were Mine 

GoodreadsAmazonThe Book DepositoryMy Review

❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖


Welcome, and thank you for taking the time to answer questions on Confessions of a Readaholic– WHEN YOU WERE MINE is absolutely fabulous!

Can you sum up in 5 words (any words! Be as abstract as you want :P) what your novel is about?

Love. Heartbreak. Choice. Destiny. Fate.

What gave you the inspiration to write WHEN YOU WERE MINE?

My own experience with heartbreak. I felt like I really knew what it's like to be the girl that gets left behind. I was Rosaline! 

I've heard that the film rights to your novel have been sold! Can you tell us a little bit about it? Pretty please? *batts eyelashes*

You asked me so nicely :) The film rights sold to Fox 2000 and the guys who did 500 Days of Summer wrote the screenplay. It's awesome. They're currently casting the movie...

Leading up from the previous question, if you had the choice of choosing your own cast... who would you choose?

Can I play Rosaline? I would totally give up being a writer to be a movie star :)  

Haha! I would probably do the same :P

■ ■ ■

Pick this or that:

Happy Endings or Deadly Cliffhangers?

Happy Endings!

Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt? (and what flavor? I'm really curious :D)

Frozen Yogurt. I try not to eat too much sugar but if I go for it it's chocolate all the way. 

Rainy days or Sunshine?

Rainy days.

Movies or TV Shows?

TELEVISION.

■ ■ ■


What type of music do you like listening to? Is there a certain song that you think fits your novel?

I listen to a lot of top 40 stuff with a hint of Frank Sinatra. Probably Leona Lewis's "Better In Time."

That song SO fits the novel! :)

If you were a candy or chocolate, what would you be?

Black licorice. That sounds kind of mischievous, huh?

Did you always want to become an author? What and/or who inspired you to become one?

Yes, always. Well– since I knew what an author was. I had incredible mentors along the way who really encouraged me, but it was always in me. I love to write. Nothing quite compares to the feeling I get putting words on a page.

What are you currently reading? What are your top 5 books of all time?

I'm currently reading Deb Caletti's The Story Of Us. I'm an embarassingly big Deb Caletti fan. I think I talk about her in every interview I've ever given. She blurbed When You Were Mine, too, which was just a huge dream come true. 

Top 5: 

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger 
Slouching Towards Bethlehem by Joan Didion 
Eloise by Kay Thompson 
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

I'm a huge Deb Caletti fan too!

When you're not writing, what do you do?

Eat good food! Go to pilates. Hang out with friends. Watch silly TV. Sometimes I try to learn French, but that never goes too well.

❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖

And that's all for the interview! Thank you so much to Rebecca Serle for agreeing to the interview and answering my questions.



In this intensely romantic, modern recounting of the greatest love story ever told, Romeo’s original intended—Juliet’s cousin Rosaline—tells her side of the tale.

What’s in a name, Shakespeare? I’ll tell you: Everything.

Rosaline knows that she and Rob are destined to be together. Rose has been waiting for years for Rob to kiss her—and when he finally does, it’s perfect. But then Juliet moves back to town. Juliet, who used to be Rose’s best friend. Juliet, who now inexplicably hates her. Juliet, who is gorgeous, vindictive, and a little bit crazy… and who has set her sights on Rob. He doesn’t even stand a chance.

Rose is devastated over losing Rob to Juliet. This is not how the story was supposed to go. And when rumors start swirling about Juliet’s instability, her neediness, and her threats of suicide, Rose starts to fear not only for Rob’s heart, but also for his life. Because Shakespeare may have gotten the story wrong, but we all still know how it ends…


Want a copy of this book? You can win it in my 200 Follower Giveaway!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!