Othermoon by Nina Berry


Othermoon by Nina Berry

Release Date: January 29, 2013
Publisher: K-Teen
Series: Otherkin, Book 1
Rated: YA 14+
Format: ARC
Source: Author
Buy: AmazonThe Book Depository
GoodreadsWebsite

Read my review of Otherkin HERE

Everyone has secrets. When Dez rescued a boy, Caleb, from a cage, she discovered secrets she never knew she possessed, Now she's sure she's found the place where she belongs. With the otherkin - and with Caleb. But as the barriers between the mortal world and Othersphere fall, a wall rises between Dez and Caleb, leaving her fiercest enemy her only friend ...and maybe something more. Now Dez must make a devastating choice: keep the love of her life, or save the otherkin from annihilation...

After reading Otherkin by Nina Berry, I was DEFINITELY stoked to read the sequel. I really enjoyed the paranormal, and so luckily, Nina Berry is apart of our Books That Glow 2013 event, so I had the chance to be invited to read this original series.
While I did enjoy Othermoon, I felt that this one wasn't as good as the first book. That's why I took this one a little slower when reading, because there were some dry parts, but I must say the action and new love triangle *wink* kept me enthralled in the story.

What love triangle you ask? Well, you'll just have to read and see. All I'm going to say is that I found myself leaning towards the other guy (not Caleb in other words... I know. Shocking!) in this book. Oh and just a little hint– it's someone from Otherkin! He's just absolutely yummy. Scrumptious, in fact, in this book.
I found myself feeling the same way about the characters from the first book. Caleb, just went a little "down" in my opinion, but I still loved Dez and the rest of the shape-shifters. It was good to be back with the gang, with the same high-packed action that never fails to surprise me.

I still, however, get a little confused with the "history" and the "science" behind their shape-shifting. With the rival groups, with the type of groups, etc. I've never been good with understanding the concept and historical story of paranormal shape-shifters among various other things, so maybe that's just me.

I would definitely recommend you check out this series! Othermoon was an enthralling follow up to creative first book. I really do hope there's a sequel, because even though things were tied up more or less, and there was no cliffhanger, I really want to find out what happens next. Nina Berry: book 3? PLEASE?


▪ Thank you so much to Nina Berry for sending a copy of Othermoon for review and for BTG2013! ▪

If you like this, try...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!