Waiting on Wednesday – Week 123

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It’s to spotlight upcoming books that I’m DYING to get my hands on!

This week’s WoW is:
Captive by Aimée Carter

**may contain spoilers from book 1, Pawn**
For the past two months, Kitty Doe's life has been a lie. Forced to impersonate the Prime Minister's niece, her frustration grows as her trust in her fake fiancé cracks, her real boyfriend is forbidden and the Blackcoats keep her in the dark more than ever. 

But in the midst of discovering that her role in the Hart family may not be as coincidental as she thought, she's accused of treason and is forced to face her greatest fear: Elsewhere. A prison where no one can escape. 

As one shocking revelation leads to the next, Kitty learns the hard way that she can trust no one, not even the people she thought were on her side. With her back against the wall, Kitty wants to believe she'll do whatever it takes to support the rebellion she believes in—but is she prepared to pay the ultimate price?

November 25, 2014 ● Goodreads

Pawn was the first book I read by Aimée Carter, and while I still haven’t been able to get my hands on The Goddess Test series, I can’t WAIT to read this one. The blurb promises shocks and twists, and I’m hoping for more Knox, so yay! Can’t wait :D

What are you waiting on?

5 comments:

  1. I didn't love PAWN, but I really liked it. And I definitely want to get my hands on this sequel! Great pick!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Pawn yet, but the blurb of Captive makes me want to read it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the covers for this series. I haven't read Pawn, but I think it'd be something I could enjoy. Nice pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adored Pawn and I can't wait to read this book! I hope it will be as twisty as Pawn.
    Lovely pick!

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this cover. Pawn was excellent. I'm hoping that this sequel will be excellent.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!