Waiting on Wednesday – Week 183

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It's to spotlight upcoming releases that I'm DYING to get my hands on!

This week's WoW is:
Bad Romance by Heather Demetrios

Grace wants out. Out of her house, where her stepfather wields fear like a weapon and her mother makes her scrub imaginary dirt off the floors. Out of her California town, too small to contain her big city dreams. Out of her life, and into the role of Parisian artist, New York director—anything but scared and alone.

Enter Gavin: charming, talented, adored. Controlling. Dangerous. When Grace and Gavin fall in love, Grace is sure it's too good to be true. She has no idea their relationship will become a prison she's unable to escape. 


Deeply affecting and unflinchingly honest, this is a story about spiraling into darkness—and emerging into the light again.

Goodreads ● June 13, 2017

First of all–THAT COVER. Absolutely. Gorgeous. Secondly, every time I see the title, I get "Bad Romance" stuck in my head (not complaining!). Anyway, I'm really looking forward to reading this one, because while it does sound like a dark contemporary, it sounds like an important book, too. I actually haven't read anything by Heather Demetrios yet, and all her books are on my TBR list...maybe this one will be the first?

What are you waiting on?

3 comments:

  1. The cover is incredible. I heard this one is a tough read -- many tears, but I heard it is fantastic. Great pick!
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup love he cover and if this is anything like Gaga's song then I'm all for it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to put that cover up on my wall and STARE AT IT!

    I've only read Heather Demetrios' last book, I'll Meet You There, but I looooved it (and I don't read or like a lot of the heavier contemporary YA--I like fluff!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!